Friday, July 11, 2008

Me? Funded by a pharma?

One of the interesting things of writing blogs is the reaction that some people have to some of your posts. I like comments and I like them whether they agree with me or not. My only "rule" is that you must be polite. However, I do reserve the right to respond in the way I do. :-)


What brought this about? I wrote a post on the myths of narcotics and opioids over at Help My Hurt (Narcotic and opioid myths - it’s time to smarten up) because there are many misconceptions about the medications. Using narcotics to manage pain is a real necessity for many people who live with chronic pain. That's not to deny that there are problems with the medications, but it's also important to debunk the myths that keep people from taking the medications, no matter how badly they may need them.


Does that put me in the pocket of pharmas? Hardly. I can give them as much criticism as I can throw at them. But I also believe in helping people by providing information, whether others like it or not.


Today at Help My Hurt:


Botulinum toxin A injection may help some types of chronic headaches


ABCs of pain: J is for…


Ticks that cause Lyme disease found in new regions across Canada


Narcotic and opioid myths - it’s time to smarten up


A readers asks us about interstitial cystitis, IBS and vaginal bleeding


One in 250 children in United States has some form of arthritis


Today at Womb Within:


Stupid things said to a pregnant woman


Public school programs for teen girls


Mood swings - is there a way to avoid, or at least minimize them?


Video: month 3 of pregnancy


News for Today:


Melanoma Rates Increase Among Younger Women


Risks of Suicidal Ideation and Behavior with Epilepsy Drugs Reaffirmed


Medication error puts most vulnerable at risk


Why men are more at risk of diseases caused by blood clots than women


No comments: