Tuesday, February 22, 2011

It has been way too long since my last post

Where has the time gone? I could have sworn I just posted lasted week, but imagine my shock when I saw the last time I posted, it was in December?

I can only say, I keep meaning to post, but then I get distracted and the thought flies out of my head as quickly as it entered. I am being kept busy with my Sepsis Alliance work - although not so busy that I don't have time to post here.

I think what happens is I write so much health stuff, either for Scrubs, Nursing Link, or any of my other clients, that when I think about writing here, I'm out of steam. Luckily for me, there is a lot of content on this site, so I still get a lot of hits. Most people, though, only come by through finding a particular topic on Google or some other search engine. They find what they're looking for and then they don't come back. Perhaps it's time to start working on that loyal reading audience again!

Something this blog has brought me are interesting connections. It seems there are many nurses who would like to get into writing. I receive emails every so often from nurses who would like to start writing but don't know where to begin. I don't mind taking the time to answer - after all, the best way to learn something is to ask questions, right? Most of the time, people are very appreciative, but there is the odd person - now and then - who can't be bothered to even say thank you. Really. I can't imagine writing a total stranger to ask for help or advice only to not acknowledge that this person took the time to write back. Thankfully, they're in the minority.

So, we're near the end of February and let's see if we can get this blog kick started yet again, shall we?

No comments: