Saturday, June 8, 2013

Saturday Blogathon 2013 Post Round Up

Do you suffer from "what have I missed?" syndrome? Many people do. They go through the week constantly checking their electronic devices for the latest news, sure that something incredible, terrible, fantastic, awful, fill-in-the-blank thing has happened since they last checked a few minutes ago.

I do suffer from that a bit, I admit it. But it's only when I'm alone. When I'm with someone else, I don't check email or texts unless I'm expecting something that must be dealt with right away. And if that is possible, I do explain to the person I'm with what might happen.

All that being said, I do find that a weekly round up during the Blogathon is a great way to highlight what's been discussed and what I think people should check out if they have a chance. That includes not just my posts, but those of my fellow bloggers.

This week, I discussed a couple of issues that are important to me: Sepsis Alliance and senior safety.

On Monday, I highlighted that Sepsis Alliance announced its 2013 Sepsis Heroes. Sepsis awareness is a cause definitely worth looking into if you don't know about it already.

Yesterday, I highlighted medical safety and the MedWatch program that is marking 20 years in existence.

My other posts discussed handwashing, 5 favourite apps, senior driver safety, and how to stay healthy while attending conferences.

I also encourage you to check out some of my fellow Blogathon participants. This week, I'll highlight some of the blogs from bloggers who have I met online in person.

Bike With Jackie: "This blog introduces you to the mental BIKE. I show you how to find your Best self, access your Inner strength, tune in to your Killer instincts, and use your Expressive voice. It's inspiring, spiritual, quirky, and it's all in your head."

Suddenly Frugal: Living the frugal life and having fun.

In the Shadow of Beaver Stadium: How an entire community was blamed for one man's crimes.

Arial View: Written by a fellow Montreal-are writer, this blogger has a schedule of what writing-related topics she will post and when.

WordCount: A blog about writing, this is where the Blogathon originated.

I do hope you discover some new blogs that you will keep for regular reading once the Blogathon is over.

3 comments:

Van Waffle said...

I know the feeling of "What have I missed?" With the conference this week it felt like I dropped out of circulation with respect to everything else. But what a great experience! I didn't realize you were doing the blogathon, too. Good luck!

Marijke Vroomen-Durning said...

Thanks for visiting Van and for leaving a comment. Next year, I'll have to include you in the list of bloggers who I have met. ;-)

Sally_K said...

Thanks for sharing your finds! It is hard to keep up with everything!